Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday

It's Thankful Thursday. As I sit in a hotel in what my FIL calls a frozen wasteland, I am thankful for many things. I am thankful for our safe arrival last night, even if we got here at 1 AM. I am thankful that the rain held off until the very end of our trip, at which point Dan was rested enough to drive again. I have a hard time seeing well enough to drive in the rain, especially at night. I am thankful to have known Dan's grandmother whose life and homegoing we celebrated today. I am thankful to have seen so much family today, even under the sad circumstances. I am thankful for the children behaving so well during the funeral mass. My children are typically very good in church anyway, but not being Catholic, I thought there might be some questions about why the priest was doing this or that. Those may come still, but I'm thankful they didn't loudly come during mass! I am thankful for a nap. For those of you that know me well, you know I'm not a good nap taker, especially if some of the children are not napping, but since we have 2 adjoining rooms, the two none nappers listened to iPods in the other room from the nappers, and I slept! Lightly enough that when they were done, I knew it, and I got up, but it was good rest.

Lastly, and most important, I'm thankful for my salvation and Savior. Acts 16:31 promises us that if we believe on the the Lord Jesus Christ, we will be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment